The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science, and managed by the Council.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish ecosystem. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology; and
- awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, except for those funded by our strategic funding partners.
• There is no age limit for applicants to be eligible for either program type.
• All applicants must be affiliated with an eligible Irish higher education institution or research-performing organization.
• Applications will only be accepted in either the Irish or English language
• Applicants must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant program, including strategic partner themes. This applies regardless of whether the applicant has changed their host institution or research topic since a previous submission.
Degree type Duration of funding to be awarded
- Research master’s degree 1 year
- Structured research master’s degree 2 years
- Traditional doctoral degree 3 years
- Structured doctoral degree 4 years
- a stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Call open: 16:00 (Irish time) 8 September 2022
FAQ deadline: 16:00 (Irish time) 13 October 2022
Applicant deadline: 16:00 (Irish time) 20 October 2022
Supervisor deadline: 16:00 (Irish time) 27 October 2022
Research office endorsement deadline: 16:00 (Irish time) 3 November 2022
Call outcome: End of March 2023
Award start date: 1 September 2023
To Get More Info & Apply: Visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: 20th October 2022